Friday, January 04, 2008

Blessed


Yvonne & I have never been much for the Christmas newsletter thing, where people write about all the wonderful things they did the past year and all the wonderful things their wonderful offspring accomplished that year – not that there’s anything wrong with that, you understand. We’re just lazy. While looking today at this photo, though, I thought that if I were to write one it would be very short and would go something like:

It’s been a hard year, but a good year. Life has been full of difficult things, but also full of wonderful things. In the end it all comes down to this: I have a beautiful wife & three beautiful daughters who all say – without any coercion on my part – that they love me. I have a wonderful son-in-law that I thoroughly enjoy and who makes me very proud, even if I can’t take any credit for the quality of his character.

And now we have this wonderful little man in our lives who we hope will soon officially be our first grandchild.


I figure this makes me the luckiest man in the world.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I think that's very nice. Wonderful, in fact. I really can't do the Christmas update either, Lord knows I have tried!

I don't think Damon has ever been so touched. It's so nice that he finally has a father who is proud of him! It really means a lot... to both of us.

I love you!